Tyler County has county-level brand archives only.
Brands must be registered in the county or counties in which you operate. Every 10 years, Texas requires that brands be re-registered in the county or counties in which you operate. You may obtain a copy of the mark/brand application by clicking on the form to the left of this page.
Please note: Brands can not be registered by email. They must be registered in person at:
Tyler County Clerk
116 South Charlton Street
Woodville, Texas 75979
There is a $26.00 fee for recording the brand.
Before registering your mark/brand, please check the following website for archived registered brands in you county and to learn more about the brand registration process:
Texas and Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association (TSCRA) cooperates with the 254 County Court Clerks offices to provide the Texas Brand Registration site.
Texas Agriculture Code - Marks and Brands
2005 Texas Agriculture Code CHAPTER 144. MARKS AND BRANDS
- Section 144.041 of the Texas Agriculture Code addresses recording of marks and brands:
- § 144.041. MARKS AND BRANDS TO BE RECORDED. (a) Each person who owns cattle, hogs, sheep, or goats shall record that person's earmarks, brands, tattoos, and electronic devices with the county clerk of the county in which the animals are located.
- (b) A person who owns a horse shall record an identification mark authorized by Section 144.001(b) with the county clerk of the county in which the animal is located.
- (c) The county clerk shall keep a record of the marks and brands of each person who applies to the clerk for that purpose.
- (d) A person may record that person's marks and brands in as many counties as necessary.
- (e) A person may record any mark or brand that the person desires to use if no other person has recorded the mark or brand, without regard to whether that person has previously recorded a mark or brand.
- (f) Not later than the 30th day after the date a county clerk receives a record relating to cattle or horses under this section, the clerk shall forward a copy of the record to the association authorized to inspect livestock under 7 U.S.C. Section 217a (Texas and Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association).