Phone: (409) 283-2281
Fax: (409) 283-8049
October 11, 2016 - Last day to register to vote in the 2016 General Election.
For Online Registration
Changes to Registration
To change name, address or register locally, please download the appropriate form from the left , print, complete, sign and email to:
or mail to:
Tyler County Clerk
116 South Charlton Street
Woodville, Texas 75979
When registering to vote please make sure to include your 911 physical address as well as your mailing address if they are different.
If you need your 911 physical address please contact:
Deep East Texas Council of Governments
210 Premier Drive
Jasper, Texas 75951
Phone: (409) 384-5704
Fax: (409) 384-5390
You may not register to vote:
1. if you have been finally convicted of a felony.
2. if a felon, you must have completed all of your punishment including any term of incarceration, parole,
supervision, period of probation.
3. if you have not been pardoned
4. or have not been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be totally
mentally incapacitate or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote./
Sec. 11.002. QUALIFIED VOTER. (a) In this code, "qualified voter" means a person who:
(1) is 18 years of age or older;
(2) is a United States citizen;
(3) has not been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be:
(A) totally mentally incapacitated; or
(B) partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote;
(4) has not been finally convicted of a felony or, if so convicted, has:
(A) fully discharged the person's sentence, including any term of incarceration, parole, or supervision, or completed a period of probation ordered by any court; or
(B) been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disability to vote;
(5) is a resident of this state; and
(6) is a registered voter.
(b) For purposes of Subsection (a)(4), a person is not considered to have been finally convicted of an offense for which the criminal proceedings are deferred without an adjudication of guilt.
Acts 1985, 69th Leg., ch. 211, Sec. 1, eff. Jan. 1, 1986. Amended by Acts 1987, 70th Leg., ch. 54, Sec. 23, eff. Sept. 1, 1987; Acts 1991, 72nd Leg., ch. 16, Sec. 6.01, eff. Aug. 26, 1991; Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 916, Sec. 27, eff. Sept. 1, 1993; Acts 1997, 75th Leg., ch. 850, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1997.
Acts 2007, 80th Leg., R.S., Ch. 614 (H.B. 417), Sec. 22, eff. September 1, 2007.
Acts 2011, 82nd Leg., R.S., Ch. 744 (H.B. 1226), Sec. 1, eff. June 17, 2011